Funding Today I Learned
Today I Learned is a labour of love, an idea that I continue to work on because I want to use it and think other people will also find it useful. As such I will continue to work on it as much as possible for as long as possible. However, it is also true that there are costs associated with the project, especially as my confidence has grown and my ambition along with it.
What your support means
The following are a mixture of upcoming and existing costs, based on existing work and plans for the immediate future.
My primary funding goal: £100
With £100 I can buy a Micro.blog account subscription for one year of full hosted testing.
- This includes features such as Bookmark Highlights, Cross-posting, Email Newsletters, Podcasts, and Video.
- It also means full testing of posts in the timeline, including embedded media.
- Any and all new features for Hosted plans would also be available for full testing.
- Software. I am currently using a handful of apps and services for managing the workload from idea through to publication. Premium versions of this software will make it easier for me to work at a higher standard, whilst new software will make it possible for me to create and maintain certain parts of TIL in the first place.
- The software:
- ScreenFloat £8
- Keyboard Maestro £35
- MarsEdit £40
- Diagrams £20
- Feeder £40
- The services:
- Memberful £20 per month
- CodePen £10 per month/£75 per year
- Fantastical £5 per month/£39 per year
- Typefully £75 per year
- Email. With a paid account I can use custom domain addresses and make use of better controls for privacy, security, and robust performance.
- £30 per year. 2022 already covered.
- Domain. With the custom domain today-i-learned.net I can provide a distinct and cleaner URL for email addresses, the newsletter, and redirects for specific features.
- £15 per year. Covered until 10th March, 2023.