Today I Learned is the unofficial Micro.blog companion and guide.
Created by Simon Woods in 2018, this site is home to a growing and increasingly diverse collection of resources to help with using Micro.blog. A mixture of direct guidance, helpful information, and news is provided on a daily basis and made available via posts and pages.
You can follow different post feeds for different purposes, depending on your interest. Also, you can grab the master feed for everything:
- All posts from the site are available in one feed, via two formats.
Unsure about web feeds? Laura Kalbag has you covered:
RSS is a way to get updates from a website without visiting the site itself. It’s particularly useful for getting the latest news from a news site, or blog posts from a blog. The updates are listed in a “feed” which is syndicated (synced) from the website to your “feed reader” of choice.
Follow by type
- Tips are small pieces of advice for specific situations.
- Guides are sets of instructions for using different parts of Micro.blog; including a mixture of text, images, and links.
- Lookup are quick definitions of the language used in the community and the social web at large.
- Linked are link-blog posts for links and news regarding third-party activity.
- Marked are link-blog posts for reminders of the different features of TIL.
- Release Notes are status posts or announcements for whenever changes are made to TIL.
Follow by Filter
With these special categories you can find posts with help for specific subjects:
- Features and updates built into Micro.blog to make it as accessible to as many people as possible.
- Making use of the various feeds upon which Micro.blog is built.
- Getting Started
- The basics and beginnings of using Micro.blog.
- Photo-based posting and image management.
- The social side of Micro.blog, such as @-mentions and following people.
- Customising your site with custom themes, CSS, the footer, and the navigation menu.
- Tips for using the different parts of your account; accessing and editing account details, using account settings for a variety of features in the timeline, and getting help with account issues.
Follow with Email
A weekly catch-up of posts are delivered in ICYMI, the email newsletter. You can find out more and sign up on the ICYMI page.
You can support TIL by becoming a member. With this membership you can make a donation:
All membership funds are put directly into TIL.